Support Services for Market Entry & Doing Business in Iraq
The Haimour Group along with its partners on the ground offers the following services:
Logistics, Security & Life Support
• How safe is Iraq?
• Do I need a visa? How can I get one?
• How do I get there? Who will meet me at the airport? What transportation means are available?
• How do I ensure my safety and the safety of my employees? How do I protect my company assets from security threats?
• When does it make sense to hire Iraqi security? How do I verify their credentials? How do you build trust?
• Where do I stay?
Depending on your needs and how familiar you are with Iraq, the Haimour Group can offer a comprehensive and detailed plan for logistics, security and life support. From the moment you leave home and all the way to your safe return.
• Assistance with entry and exit visa
• Meet-and-greet at the airport
• Secure transportation in armored vehicles from the airport to Baghdad, as well as to meetings and other locations
• Lodging, both daily/temporary and permanent
• Medical support for the duration of stay in Iraq
• Personal protection/certified armed escorts
The Haimour Group belongs to a consortium of companies in Iraq that specialize in providing all of the above services and more. We deliver the best security solutions to meet the company’s needs, including full security and support in high-risk situations.
The old PR motto “Doing good and getting credit” is just as important when a company does business on foreign soil as it is in the company’s home country. Putting the company’s best face forward is critical to maintaining good relationships in the host country.
Using its good name and outstanding reputation as well as years of experience operating in Iraq, The Haimour Group will:
• Arrange and facilitate high level meetings with Iraqi officials
• Assist in creating the correct agenda for meetings
• Coordinate communications between the two parties
• Craft the right message for important conferences
• Create public awareness
• Reach the intended target audience
• Handle timely responses to negative information
We also work with the company’s communications personnel to help them create the right corporate message for the Iraqi media and audience, either general public or business-to-business. By specializing in the Arabic language (and dialects), we are in a position to ensure accuracy and efficiency to meet all communication needs.
Making the right connections goes a long way toward advancing your corporate image abroad, delivering the right message to your target audience, and building rapport with customers, investors, and employees.
When company executives and representatives new to Iraq are still going through awkward adjustments to a completely different language, handling the media for events or other promotional/informational purposes can be especially challenging. What works in the media in the U.S., for example, may not work at all in Iraq. Therefore, once the company arrives in Iraq, an early priority would be to secure someone to develop a media strategy tailor made for the Iraqi audience (general public or business to business).
The Haimour Group recognizes the importance of businesses, corporations and organizations to broaden their client / customer base. We offer a full spectrum of services and solutions to assist businesses in meeting their specific goals of providing products and services. We will support your company in:
• Developing and implementing culturally sensitive and attractive marketing methods
• Crafting a message that appeals to the intended target audience
• Seizing advertising opportunities
• Providing premium design and print materials, signage and website development
• Arranging for interviews with local dignitaries
• Writing press releases
• Organizing press conferences
• Who are the people of Iraq? What is their mindset and how do they view foreigners in their country?
• Is doing business in Iraq really that much different than other parts of the world ?
• Do I bow, kiss, or shake hands?
• What are the do's and don'ts in Iraqi culture?
• How direct can I be in a business meeting? What negotiation style should I follow? Should I demand for things in writing?
• Is there really widespread corruption in Iraq? How do I protect myself and my company? How do I handle a situation where I'm asked for a bribe?
• What are the Arabic words and phrases that I should learn?
• How do I break the ice?
Before your company executives, key staff, and employees head to Iraq, let us properly introduce them to the Iraqi culture and ways of doing business. Our cultural awareness training that is tailored to meet the needs of your company will ensure that you're off to a good start in Iraq, will safeguard against embarrassing mistakes, and will ensure a long term working relationship built on understanding, mutual interest and respect.
Translation: One of the first requirements for doing business in Iraq is direct understanding of the Arabic language or, a reliable translation service to interface with Iraqi nationals on behalf of the incoming company. Never assume that your Iraqi counterparts are fluent in your language.
An error in translation or a letter written poorly in Arabic will not only embarrass the company but may also have legal consequences. A bad first impression caused by poor translation may cause a deal to collapse, costing the company millions of dollars.
The Haimour Group, through its affiliate, the Arab American Language Institute provides excellent translation services for companies doing business in Iraq. Our highly skilled and experienced translators are available to provide a broad spectrum of written and verbal communication.
We can translate any content into Arabic. Here are some examples:
• Your company business cards and stationary. Make a first good impression, be remembered, and help Iraqis pronounce your name right by having your business cards printed in Arabic before you go to Iraq
• Employee manuals, safety procedures and company policies
• Bids and proposals
• Website localization
• Legal contracts, reviewed by and finalized by Iraqi attorneys
• Power of Attorneys
Interpretation: Using state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment, The Haimour Group provides simultaneous and consecutive oral interpretation of meetings and large events.
The Haimour Group offers graphic design and print services, providing a one-stop shop experience to satisfy your company needs. This includes:
• Creating your company logo and corporate identity in Arabic
• Design your brochures, newsletters, and PowerPoint in Arabic
• Your company website in Arabic
• Bids and proposals
• Special Events Banners
• Invitation and holiday cards in Arabic
• Ads and promotional material.
We have access to thousands of images, appropriate for any publication in the Arabic language, so your printed materials will be culturally sensitive, as well as attractive.
We have the best graphic design and custom print capabilities to meet all of your company’s needs for materials and presentations. We will provide continued support throughout the process.
From official receptions to networking events to VIP dinners to trade conferences, companies rely on these events to project their corporate image, communicate a specific message or to honor those who exemplify excellence in the business world. Planning such events takes not only a lot of time but also a lot of expertise; doing so in Iraq when company representatives are still acclimating themselves to the new culture can be very challenging.
The Haimour Group provides comprehensive services to ensure the success of any and all events for the company and for those in attendance at events, large and small. As experts in the field of Arab culture, language, business etiquette and security operations, our professionals provide event planning services tailored to each company’s specific needs, including but not limited to:
• Venue selection and reservation
• Security permits
• Professional interpreters and translators
• Event security and logistics
• Speech writing
• Design & print services (invitations, tickets, banners, programs, signage)
• Coordination of press releases and media coverage
• State-of-the-art audio/visual equipment
We will provide you with a seamless event-planning operation to ensure a successful event, regardless of size.
• How do I register my company in Iraq?
• What about the land for my project? Who owns land in Iraq? Who are the government entities involved in land ownership? How do I get a clear title of the land? What documents should I look for?
• How can I obtain the investment license?
• Does the Iraqi law govern the relationship? Is mediation available? Is Iraq a signatory of any international treaties? What are they and how can they be helpful to my company and my investment in Iraq?
• When is the right time to hire an Iraqi attorney to work for your company? How do I know he/she is qualified? How do I check credentials?
• Opening a bank account.
Based on years of experience working in Iraq, the Haimour Group will address your legal concerns and provide you with the necessary legal support. We will present you with actual Case Studies demonstrating best practices by companies doing business in Iraq, as well as what to avoid and watch for.
Before company representatives leave for Iraq, they need to have at least general knowledge of the legal system there to prevent legal problems. The Haimour Group is fully equipped to help newly arriving companies to Iraq navigate through the legal system there.
• How do I find the right Iraqi company to partner with? How can I research the company and gather data? How can I build trust?
• Am I paying the right price for products and services? Is it the quality I was promised?
• What are the sources available for supplies, equipment and raw material both in Iraq and the region?
• Is my company prepared for conflict?
• What kind of public information is available about companies and individuals that can be useful to me?
Regardless of your company profile, you will need local counterparts (construction, engineering, consulting, services, etc.) with whom partnership can and should be arranged. In fact, the best way to hit the ground running in Iraq is to pre-arrange such partnership.
The Haimour Group provides the opportunities for foreign companies doing business in Iraq to unite with local companies that share common causes and goals. We screen Iraqi companies to ensure the right fit for each foreign company. We will also introduce you to many options for procuring equipment, supplies and raw materials.
• How much do Iraqis make? How do I determine the right salary is for an Iraqi I wish to hire?
• What kind of benefits are typically given to employees?
• Why do Iraqis love government jobs and shy away from working for the private sector? Is this changing?
• What kind of skills, education, and experience can I expect to find in the Iraqi labor market?
• What investment should I make in my Iraqi employees?
• What are the cultural differences that I need to be aware of?
• What about language skills?
• What do I need to know about Iraqi labor laws?
The Haimour Group will address all your questions and concerns about recruitment, staffing, orientation and training, whether you're looking for top professionals or semi-skilled labor. We will:
• Examine your staffing needs and understand your company's culture
• Search our existing pool of candidates and / or make announce the vacancy using our wide network of contacts as well as the media
• Arrange for the job interview
• Once the candidate has been hired, we can assist you with staff training and orientation, and ensure a smooth working relationship.
We also advise your company on the work culture in Iraq and relevant Iraqi labor laws, wages, and benefits.
|Join Our Mailing List|